Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Revving Up

I don't formally make new years resolutions, but I do try to make personal goals as the year goes on.

As I sit here in a rather lack lustre mood as the new year begins, I'm giving myself a little time before I forge into the year full speed ahead. I'm revving my engines as I sit.

Oprah is starting her 'Best Life' series once again and I'm determined to incorporate some tidbits of the wisdom from that series into my life.

Number 1, is that I know that I need to get moving again. I exercised for several years and it made me feel good from the inside out. Exhaustion took over my life for a while, then procrastination set in. My final excuse of 2008 was that I just didn't have time in my days. Well, the Christmas season of preparations and gifting is over ... I think I should be able to spare an hour in my days.

Secondly, I have to get into high gear with some 'book projects' that I have started. I have massive amounts of information to organize with my first project. And I've just begun my second project. Step one is to try and figure out how to format my pages in the 'Word' program once again! I tried and failed when I first started this project and it is time to conquer that mountain so I can go onto another phase in organizing this information.

Then, I have some gatherings that I want to orchestrate. I have several different groupings of friends and family that have gotten together in the past and I think a post-Christmas-season gathering would be enjoyable. It's time to dust off my dialing finger and start to make some calls to initiate this.

I kicked into high gear on Mom's family history project a little bit later in January, last year. I think that I have that in the back of my mind. A week or 2 to idle and formulate a plan ... then I'll shift into first gear and start moving forward. Even as I write this, I know that I'll get moving sooner than that. I'm using my first 'back to work week' as my immediate excuse to sit idly by. But my brain waves are moving faster and the exhaustion levels are waning.

I can feel myself revving up for action within this (as yet) unmoving body. If I look at the long range goal, I feel a tad overwhelmed. But if I look at just making those first moves, it is a little exciting. I am somewhat afraid that I have bitten off more than I can chew. But if I take it one step at a time, I think the goals are within reach.

If I can accomplish goal #1 (to start exercising again), I think those early morning sessions of moving my body will send off the positive endorphins to put some of my other plans into action.

My motor is revving ....

No comments:

Post a Comment