Thursday, January 29, 2009

Regaining Equilibrium

My life has been out of balance lately. As I try to shift myself into some kind of routine with the extra responsibilities that I have, while maintaining some time to replenish myself (and I've become very good at hanging onto the things that bring me pleasure) it seems that I've lost my drive, my energy and my enthusiasm to tackle the goals I have set before me.

I've upped my 'exercise' routine to 40 minutes every morning. And it is easy (too easy - I'm not breaking a sweat). But the habit is forming and that was the goal that I was trying to attain. Plus, some positive ions are working their way back into my consciousness. I believe that getting up and moving is helping with that.

My words seem to be stuck within me lately though. I'm not feeling a positive flow of words flowing out of my fingers. I'm not feeling a negative flow either. The words are just not there.

And so it is, with the ebbs and flows of life. The energy of the world around you comes in waves. I started the new year with an outpouring of words (if not energy) and it only makes sense that this had to ebb and find a new balance.

I'm feeling a sense of balance return to my inner being. On the balance beam of life, that equilibrium is a good thing to find and keep returning to.

No comments:

Post a Comment