Sunday, January 11, 2009

Over Abundance!

Okay ... abundance is nice ... but I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed by my 'riches' this weekend.

I have the feeling that I have bit off more than I can chew. So what did I do yesterday?? I spun my wheels. I tended to a few small tasks, but the 'big stuff' remained.

Today, I spent about 12 hours working with the memories I collected for my dad's family during my holiday. I have a little way to go before I can file that away until further notice (it's best to work with these words and stories while my memory is fresh). But at least I'm 12 hours closer to completion than I was this morning.

I have a menial 'bookkeeping' job that I was given before Christmas. It is tedious and without a deadline and I've already spent over 8 hours on it (and I believe there is probably at least 6 or more to go). It is one of those annoying little jobs that I must make disappear so I can clear my slate. Not to mention the other work that I would imagine is coming my way this upcoming week.

Then, I had the writing task that I was approached about on Friday. I spent about 2 hours working on that last night, emailed my ideas to her ... and I got a phone call from her today (she hadn't even read the suggestions that I had emailed to her) to basically tell me that she came up with ideas on her own. That's nice ...

I supposedly had a new babysitting family coming by to meet me this weekend but they didn't show ...

I have a new blog that I could have been playing with but I just didn't have the time or right energy waves to put into it. So that got completely tabled.

I have letters that I want to send out, to start approaching family members about collecting memories for my dad's family history book. No panic to do that right away, but I just feel that this is a good time of year to approach people about something like this. January and February are often a good time to think about such things.

I wanted to try and get together with some family and friends ... and must get myself acting on that idea.

Then, I want to immerse myself in a 'book project' that I started over 4 months ago. I've been idling away, waiting for the time and circumstances to allow me to work on that and nothing else. But the way things are going, that isn't going to happen. So I must take small steps on a regular basis, to get myself motivated on that!

Abundance is nice. But over-abundance is somewhat like overload. One step at a time and I'll find my way out from under this pile of obligations that I have bestowed upon myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment