Sunday, December 14, 2008

Whose Face?

I'm knee deep in watching 'The Gilmore Girls' these days. I'm quite addicted to the quick wit, the characters, the relationships and story lines that this series weaves.

One episode resonated within me long after I watched it. It's where one of the main characters realizes the ultimate fantasy of the person he longs for is already in his life ... he just didn't realize it. It comes after he hears the following questions:

"Whose phone calls or visits are never unwanted or too long?

Who would you most like to have in your life to ward off moments of loneliness?

When you travel, who would make your travels more enjoyable?

When you are in pain, who would you most like to comfort you?

When something wonderful happens in your life, who do you want to share the news with?

Whose face appears to you, my friend? Whose face?"

When a person asks those questions of themselves ... it does seem to make one face stand out from the crowd. My answers came in many forms. My family, my friends ... and I actually even have a few male friends in my life that come to mind. It is reassuring to feel that the people I have surrounded myself with, appear to me when I ask myself these questions. It gives me hope that my ultimate fantasy of a forever partner is not completely out of reach. Maybe I already know him?

"Whose face appears to you, my friend? Whose face?"

No comments:

Post a Comment