Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pushing Out of My Comfort Zone

I did it! I wanted to do it. I was nervous about doing it. I would have accepted almost any excuse not to do it. But I did it!! And I'm so glad that I did ...

There was a Christmas dance at the dance studio tonight. I knew that I wanted to go. Just being at the Dance Showcase in October made me realize how much I wanted to go back and feel like I belong once again. It was so great to see everyone then and tonight.

The fates seemed to be working towards finding excuses to stay home tonight. I had bookwork that kept me busy until 7:20. Mom called. Dale called. Kurt and I negotiated a time that he would like me home by and the wheels were in motion. I showered, dressed and was out the door within 30 minutes (my hair was still a little damp when I got to the studio).

And it was everything I hoped it could be. Lots of familiar faces, light conversation and a few dances. I honestly didn't care about the amount of dancing I got in - I wanted to go for the company. And to prove to myself that I could do it.

I did it. And I can do it again. Maybe by next year, I'll be able to stay out for 2 hours. For tonight, I pulled a 'Cinderella' and left the ball an hour after I arrived. But I got to go. I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment