Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Morning Blogging

My body has been waking me up around 5:30 the past little while. I like that time - it's late enough to get up and get the day started, yet early enough to afford me the luxury of a quiet morning by myself.

I cherish these moments of solitude. My life (defined by anyone else's standards) is a very uncommitted one. Sure, 10 1/2 hours of my day are committed to being surrounded by kids and I'm at the mercy of everyone else's schedules, but I have very few after-hours obligations. I like it like that.

These wee hours of the morning are still the most precious though. Kurt is all nestled snugly in bed and even our cat is often still snoozing at the foot of my bed (I've become quite adept at making my bed without disturbing his rest time). These hours are mine and mine alone.

Meditation is something that you hear recommended by many. To zone everything else in your world out and focus on a peaceful state of mind. My mornings may not quite be up to that standard, but compared to the buzz of activity during the day, this feeling is very zen-like.

I'm going to go and zone out for a while now. I think I'll have my breakfast and meditate over an episode of The Gilmore Girls ...

No comments:

Post a Comment