Friday, November 14, 2008

A New Day!

Peace reigns in my heart, home and being this morning. It is an awesome sensation (heightened by the fact that not every day is like this ... there is a reason that every day is not a great one).

I had a very tough time ridding myself of the residue of yesterday's melt down. In true 'me' fashion, I thought I deserved a break yesterday and picked up McDonald's for supper. It may be a commercial catch phrase, but I tell you ... it worked!

I sat and savored my messy Big Mac (I haven't had one of those in so long), I took some time to recover from my crazy-busy/loud/chaotic/frustrating day. Then I took a deep breath and headed towards the computer to work on some bookwork that had been staring at me all day. Wouldn't you know it? Technical difficulties prevented me from going back to work. I silently said a few words of thanks, breathed a heavy sigh of relief and enjoyed the rest of my evening.

This morning, you wouldn't know that it is the same house. Instead of 6 kids for lunch ... I will have 2. Instead of 5 kids running around here all morning ... I have 1. Instead of the phone ringing on a regular basis with incessant changes to the day ... it has rang only once (before the day started). We walked to the mailbox this morning. I haven't been able to leave the house for so long, I've forgotten the last time we had a chance we had to escape the premises. That walk, alone was tonic for my weary body and mind. Instead of 6 coming here after school ... I have 4.

And (this is the part that made me happy even before I knew today was going to be such a peaceful day) ... I get to go to my dance lesson tonight!! Simply knowing that I have this precious half hour to look forward to, at the end of what feels like a very long week ... is wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment