Monday, November 3, 2008

Another Coincidence?

8 days after the small miracle of hearing from my friend (who I haven't crossed paths with, in decades) right after I was thinking of her, I received another surprise email this morning.

I heard from my uncle, who I had just been thinking of sending an email to. We have been exchanging the odd email lately, so it isn't quite the miracle that it was to hear from my friend last week. But he just happened to forward me some pictures of his weekend adventure on the very same day that I was thinking about him.

How often does this happen that we don't realize? Wouldn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think that as you were thinking of someone ... that they were thinking of you at the same time? I have a feeling that our connection on this place called earth is far beyond the obvious.

I love the connection that email, long distance phone bundles and the many modes of communication that are available to keep people 'close', no matter how far apart they are. But this magical connection that I've been on the receiving end, these past few weeks makes me believe that there is a 'wireless' connection among us. We just have to tune into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment