Saturday, September 6, 2008

More Fall Woes

Second pair of jeans ... second hole in the knee. I guess spring arrived just in the nick of time this year, because both of my pairs of jeans were ready to give out. I'm not ready to go shopping for new winter attire though. I think holes are 'in', aren't they?

I fixed my shoe today, but almost ruined it in the process of fixing it, by clamping the glued part together with the battery cables that I had on hand. I fixed my shoe at work (I used glue that a friend brought to work) and needed a clamp to hold it together while the glue dried. I thought I was so clever to think of the battery cables, but it made a big indentation in the shoe! I think it might be okay though once it has a chance to regain its old form.

I'm back to my Saturday job for the duration of the fall and winter seasons and that doesn't please me. I'm sinking fast there, as the rate of change at work is going much faster than it has in all the (almost) 9 years that I've been working Saturdays. We are short staffed as well, so there is simply no time to catch up. I'm not enjoying this sinking sensation.

But on the bright side, my surgery can be tabled until next summer! Time to save and plan for this. And summer holidays to recouperate. It may not disrupt my life after all!! It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders when I found out this news yesterday. I know I should still be strict with the budgeting, but we fell off the wagon a bit last night. A bit? Maybe a lot. Kurt commented that he liked it better when we were on a budget, because we spent far less time shopping. I must admit that I agree with him. Our time spent in the stores was minimal. And we both enjoyed that.

So now that the food supplies are replenished and other supplies have been restocked, I think we shall go back on our strict budget for the rest of the month. That sounds like a good plan to me. We have plenty of things to do right here under our own roof. Things that don't cost money. Things we can do together or apart.

We have all we need right under our roof. I'm feeling much more content about the ''nuts'' I've stored up for winter after all. My squirrel instincts are keen. I like to feel stocked up and ready for the winter ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment