Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Transition Time

I am feeling the shift of a changing season in many ways right now.

Literally, the fall season is starting to show its appearance in the cool mornings, the shortened days and the return of school.

Less obvious, is the change of my thought process and direction in my own life. I'm forging out on less familiar territory again.

The family blog seemed like a good idea at the time. And it really hasn't been that long that the idea has been 'out there'. But it's not generating much interest yet. Well maybe it's gaining some interest, but not too many takers on 'authors'. I sat on the idea of a blog for over a year before I acted on it. So I can't expect anyone else to feel comfortable diving right in, the first time it is suggested. It's just a frightening spot to be ... out there on that ledge ... alone.

Writing about the family history idea on Dad's side is starting to take root. There is interest there. And where there is interest, there is opportunity! I will take this slowly and not try to break any records in trying to put this together. But I believe in this. And I will pursue it.

I've taken the first step in helping another family tell their story. A giant step! This family was ready to have their story told. All I have to do is listen, record and organize the information they have. It feels like their story is so eager to be shared, that I hope I can keep up.

I am also feeling the urge to unite the cousins that live close to me, for a 'cousin get together'. Just one small step towards becoming better acquainted. It is just an idea. But one I'd like to act on.

It is a season of stepping out of what is comfortable. Taking a few chances and placing myself 'out on a limb'.

No comments:

Post a Comment