Saturday, July 19, 2008

Where to Begin??

I haven't woken up with this much zest for a while. After a late night preparing for our garage sale last night I wondered if I should set the alarm so I wouldn't sleep too late. I thought "No" ... and I was right. I rolled over to see what time it was this morning. 5:09 am. I laid there and thought "Lots of time to sleep" ... Wrong.

So I've been up and about for 2 1/2 hours doing what I love to do most on a Saturday morning. Having coffee, emailing and writing. And I still have words left over.

The excitement coarsing through my entire being is intoxicating (actually sometimes I do wonder about these crests of adrenaline .... do I have bipolar tendencies??). It took a while after my aunts surgery (9 days ago) to refind the state of normal my mind has become accustomed to. Just an eagerness to live the day.

Preparing for this garage sale was the tonic I needed. When your body gets physically moving, you start setting goals, you accomplish one small item on that big to-do task at hand and you start looking forward .... it is all good. To me, it is the recipe to maintaining the inner me I want to be.

Taking a day off (that would be last Sunday) to just rest and relax and go with the flow of the day is wonderful. But it can go awry if you don't wake up the next morning with a true purpose to the day.

I felt that I had lost my purpose, the direction I had wanted to go. But it is found. If only there were 4 of me, I would be going 4 different directions right now. I want to write, I want to paint (the bedroom renovation is 99.9% complete, but I need to do some touch up painting), I want to organize the new bedroom, I want to start a new family history book (my dad's side - the letters I want to write to his brothers are formulating in my mind as I sit), I want to get ready for the BBQ I am having tomorrow for my own little family, I want to be out in the garage 'manning the sale' (maybe I need 6 of me) ...

I love this drive, this ambition, this enthusiasm. I love my life.

P.S. And ... I'm on holidays!! 17 consecutive days off. Yes ... life is very, very good ...

No comments:

Post a Comment