Friday, July 11, 2008

A New Day Dawning

Yesterday was not a good day. Not in any capacity. It ended on a much better note though. I called my mom and she talked me through the emotions of the day and I felt ever so much better.

My concern for my aunt ruled the day. I knew that it was in the back of my mind, so when little things that were going wrong felt bigger than they actually were, I thought it was probably related.

By the end of the day I really, really, really needed the kids to be picked up. And parents were late. One family that is never ever late ... was 1/2 hour later than expected. This is a family that is normally here 3 hours. And they were here almost 9 hours. Another family 'forgot' to pick up their kids. Not really forgot, but the mom was on pick-up and her alarm didn't go off. She didn't call here looking for her kids until 7:15. Thankfully I had been able to get ahold of the dad and he did get his sister to pick them up. I was on the brink of tears when one mom asked me what was wrong (and I am never that close to the 'edge').

I had a dance lesson to go to the moment my last family left. And as usual, dancing worked its magic and I felt 110% better just to be out of the house, moving to music and enjoying the company of my instructor. By the time I got home, I was revived.

I decided to call Mom anyway. I needed to hear how her sister was doing. Mom didn't know much, but I think we both received solace in each others company. Mom is normally the worrier. I am much more of the mind 'bad news travels fast' so if we hadn't heard anything, things were most likely okay.

But this aunt has touched me and my world. And I wanted a little more than to assume 'no news is good news'.

Talking to Mom grounded me. We shared our concerns and stories ... and I hope we both slept a little better because of it.

And now a new day awaits. As I always say ... the good thing about a really bad day, is that usually the next day is better. And I'm sure it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment