Sunday, July 27, 2008

Live the Moment

The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die - John Izzo

Living in a world where I am surrounded by children who live and breathe the essence of that statement should make this a no-brainer for me. But it doesn't. Maybe that is the lesson to be learned for me in this child oriented world of mine.

I have been working on this theme in my life. My daycare blog, my movies, my writing ... I am looking for the little miracles and special moments in my everyday world instead of looking beyond what lies beyond my reach. I am looking for the gems hidden among what I already have.

And I am rich. When I can truly lose myself in the innocence and honest conversations of children I am blessed. Unfortunately I have that lack of attention span (doing 6 things at a time and thinking of 6 million more things), that keeps this a challenge for me.

I must learn to do this in every area of my life. To lose myself in the moment with my own children ... to sit down and do absolutely nothing else when I am talking on the phone ... to take time for myself where I am not just squeezing it in, between loads of laundry and the next 5 things on my to-do list. To lose myself in the moment. It is something to strive for (and succeed at!).

"Live the Moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment