Friday, July 25, 2008

Leave No Regrets

The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die - John Izzo

This is the second theme that is unveiled in this book.

This past year, my inner motto has been to follow my whims. If I have an idea, I follow through with it. If I'm thinking of someone, I will call or write to them. If I feel the need to be around people, I initiate a visit. If I need to step away from 'life as I know it', I make plans to do so.

I believe that I could say I have had close to 100% success with this way of thinking. Yes, there have been times where I have made an offer or reached out to someone who wasn't at a place to take me up on my offer or to reach back ... but I have no regrets. I followed my inner voice (I was true to myself) and I put myself out there.

'Out there' is a scary place when you aren't familiar with it. 'In here' ... inside my home, my brain, my comfort zone is a place I enjoy and have not felt the burning desire to venture away from. 'In here' is safe. 'Out there' is a risk. But it is a risk worth taking .... condition being ... that you are true to yourself.

"Leave no regrets."

No comments:

Post a Comment