Thursday, July 24, 2008

Be True to Yourself

"The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die" - John Izzo

This is a book I must find. I read a small article that briefly described the book and I feel compelled to read the book in its entirety.

One of the themes in this book is "Be True to Yourself".

As I look back on my life and weigh it against that measure, the times I wasn't true to myself, the times I ignored that inner voice talking (sometimes it was screaming and I still overrode it) are the times that I strayed from the 'right' decision.

Okay, no decision that I have made has been truly wrong. I've had to take a few detours in my life to become the person I am. A person who has chosen enough tough paths to make me more compassionate and accepting.

While in the midst of fighting the battles and surviving certain choices, I was so deep into that road that I couldn't see my way out. In each decision that wasn't the right one for me, there was a time where I didn't know where to turn.

It seemed there was a crisis point in each detour in my life. A point where a firm choice had to be made at that fork in the road. It was at the peak of each crisis that my inner voice came through loud and clear. Once I followed that voice, the obstacles disappeared.

Each time my life hit a point where I could hear and heed that inner voice and be true to myself, I made a choice that I have never regreted.

"Be true to yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment