Monday, June 9, 2008

Using the Creative Side of My Brain

The creative/artistic juices have been flowing within me lately and it seems to be the recipe for a very happy mind and a general excitement about my days. I wake up in the morning with a spring in my step and an eagerness to get the day started. And I am quite certain that it has a lot to do with the way my brain is operating when I'm utilizing that 'artistic' side of myself.

Writing 'The Book' was energizing (minus the parts where I allowed myself to become overwhelmed). Since that time, I have put together various picture slide shows set to music ... edited video footage that I have accumulated and put it together in 'story form'. I've made DVD's ... I've posted these various 'video creations' on different blogs that I have on the go. I can't seem to stop the flow of ideas. Nor do I want to!

There is something so powerful about music, so when I can find that 'perfect song' that speaks to me ... and set it to pictures or video ... it makes my heart sing!

Music has been speaking to me a lot these days. Yesterday I had the cumbersome job of painting fresh drywall. I'm a slow painter to start with, but add this thirsty drywall that requires a lot of paint and the fact that I had to paint a white ceiling (with primer so watery that it required 2 coats) so I had some very tedious cutting-in to do ... and did I mention that I'm a painfully slow painter? Well, I turned on some music and sang my little heart out as I painted. The hours (5 1/2 of them to be exact) flew by. Music made the world of difference! I can tell something within me isn't right when music doesn't speak to me and make me want to sing.

I've been singing a lot these days. The music in my life is simply making me want to sing and dance my days away ....

No comments:

Post a Comment