Thursday, June 5, 2008

Life's Diversions

Today wasn't so entirely focused on food ... it was a day devoted to 'life as I know it' ...

There seems to be a lot going on around the house and in my head. Between the bedroom renovations that are coming along, kids (as per usual), putting together video montages of our Regina getaway, video taping the kids (for my Video-Friday on my daycare blog) and dancing ...

Dancing!! It was great tonight! We played around and just danced for the first 15 minutes and it was fantastic. My brain wasn't ready to get down to business and work on our routine for the duration though. In time, it will all come together. For now, fun is good.

I quit dancing for almost a year. When I left dancing, I was so down and out that I just couldn't pick myself up and carry on in the dance world. I promised I would not walk back through the doors at the dance studio unless I left the 'cloud' of doom and gloom behind. And I have. I walk through those doors with a bounce in my step and a smile in my voice. I love everything about it! Dancing, laughing, learning a little along the way ... but most of all laughing! I wasn't laughing any more, when I left the studio 1 1/2 years ago. Now? I feel a smile inside of me almost all of the time.

I'm dancing to the beat of a different drummer than I was back then. I like this drummer!




No comments:

Post a Comment