Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Exhaustion Cycle ...

This renewed sense of energy I have, has a price. I get myself wound up ... can't sleep ... wake up early ... and continue the cycle until exhaustion sets in.

I have a wedding to go to this upcoming weekend and I knew I had to recharge my batteries. It took two 'crash and burn' nights, but once I got moving this morning I feel full of pep once again.

That overwhelmed feeling goes hand in hand with the exhaustion. I woke up this morning feeling like having a shower and starting to edit my video clips (for my daycare blog) was just too much. But once I got moving, all I could think is "What else can I squeeze into my morning??"

As I go through my days lately, I seem to have a 'movie' running in my mind. Little themes of things that I can do for my short video montages ... questions I can ask the kids ... music that I can run in the background ... what stories can I tell with the kids as my cast?

My brain enjoys the 'creative challenge'. A happy brain makes for a happy me. But first of all ... my brain must be rested enough to take on the challenge. Thus, my body tends to crash on me when it needs a little recovery time.

And I'm off again!

No comments:

Post a Comment