Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 2 of ''The Cleanse''

I seem to have a different way of approaching this 'cleanse' than I normally have, when it comes to my food intake.

The 21 day goal is definately an easier thing for my mind to accept. I can do this for 21 days! The other thing I seem to be focusing on, is what I can have instead of what I can't. Normally when I think of cutting back on food, it is more of the mindset - NO snacks, NO eating after supper, NO second helpings. I focus on what I cannot have. There is great comfort in knowing that I can nibble when I want to.

As with almost anything, it is about perspective. The way a person looks at things makes such a difference.

When I look at a person and think of all that they are, I see greatness. When I look at that very same person and focus on the traits they lack, it is a recipe for disaster. The same holds true with everything - whether it is work, your children, your financial situation, your home .... by focusing on what you have you seem to draw more of the goodness to you.

This is what the "The Secret" talks about, as well. It is basically common sense. But when a person starts focusing on the negative it is hard to navigate out of that way of thinking.

Easier said than done. Last night when I smelled someone's barbequed meat (meat is taboo on this 'cleanse'), I was craving a hamburger in a bun (breads are also off limits). My mind somehow managed to start focusing on what I could have and I succeeded.

One day at a time. That is simply how I will take this. I almost have 3 days under my belt. The more days I succeed at this, the more I will be inspired to keep going forward.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment