Monday, June 2, 2008

The 21 Day Cleanse

As of yesterday after breakfast, I started on the '21 Day Cleanse' that Oprah talked about on her show a little while ago. No caffeine, no sugar, no meat (or meat byproducts), no alcohol and no bread (or gluten). And lots of water.

Yesterday was easy because I felt so bloated and uncomfortable in my skin. I felt yucky in my body and food had little appeal to me.

I am so uplifted from the visit with my friends, this is the perfect time to start. I'm not trying to 'fill' a void with food, because I feel fulfilled in every way.

I plan to succeed at this. My body feels 'toxic' inside. It feels like a good cleansing may flush that feeling away.

21 days. A beginning and an end. And I hope that at the end, I look closely at what I'm putting into my body. If I add some of the things back into my diet very gradually I may notice what foods feel 'best' on me. I have often wondered about the breads/glutens and the possibility of what reaction I have to milk. This is a good way to find out what my body reacts to.

A vision. I'm not trying to do this. I am doing it. 21 days. A beginning and an end. And then ... a whole new way of looking at food. That is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment