Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Quiet Mind

It seems that all is quiet from 'within' .... I feel content, peaceful and simply an inner glow.

What is the recipe for this state of mind? I wish I knew.

Is it the fact that I don't have the to-do piles around my house these days? Ever since I issued the invitations to Mom's birthday party in January, the 'piles' around here started accumulating. The invitation/memory book piles ... The Book piles ... the little things I wanted to remember to take to the next gathering of friends ... cards to send ... letters to write ... telephone calls to make. Yes. I had piles and lists galore.

I look around this morning and what do I see? A book with a few pages left to be read. A video tape from my dance lesson that I should watch and try to start imprinting in my mind and feet. The list of things to try and accomplish on this upcoming long weekend. And that's it.

Everything feels in a caught up state. Yes, I could devote one entire day to working outside and another full day to working inside. These projects, once started will propel me into list and goal mode. Once I start something there is always a trickle down effect of other things that it leads to. Maybe that is why I'm idling in neutral at the moment.

I'm savoring the caught up feeling. The feeling of accomplishment. This is a fleeting sensation. I've been here before. It is followed by a restless state that propels me into my next course of action.

I do believe that is why my mind is quiet this morning. I'm in the transitional state between goals. I'm savoring the moment and enjoying the quietness within.

No comments:

Post a Comment