Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Moving On ...

We had a 'Mike' update last night ...

Mike (our dog) has found a loving family. And by the sound of the first report back to me, he is in dog heaven! 'His' new boys both wanted Mike to sleep with them, so they camped out and they all slept together the first night. It sounded like Mike to want to sleep with the 10 year old. He always did enjoy his older boys ... they seemed to speak the same language and lavish the kind of love he craved upon him.

Apparently the parents are pretty pleased as well. He doesn't get into a thing during the day and "... it's like he just sleeps on the couch all day!" Sleeping on a couch?? After being confined to the back entrance, sleeping on a couch and having the run of the house would define 'getting into things' by his standard.

They've spiffed him up with a bath and brush out. I think he's there to stay.

It makes my heart so happy to hear he has found a home where he can be appreciated for the dog that he is.

As with the relationships in my life that I've taken a step away from ... I think that those people that aren't part of my day to day life anymore have the ability to find a more loving home. Just as Mike has.

Everyone deserves to be in a home and relationship where they are adored, appreciated, loved and given the freedom to be themselves. Mike has found this. I truly hope that those I have let go of, have found the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment