Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Quiet Sunday at Home

It has been a most relaxing day ...

I am still puttering away with things and I doubt I could be happier. Playing around with things at my own pace with no deadlines or to-do-lists. Only wish-lists of things that I would like to do.

I am trying to refocus my mind and my blog on positive little stories out of every day events, instead of a play-by-play of things in my life (like The Book).

I watched Maria Shriver on 'Oprah' today, and there are lots of little morsels of positiveness that I should have been able to gather from that. Instead, I hope to get the book and absorb it more fully.

I immediately related to Maria Shriver's comment about being 52 years old and still not knowing what she wants to be when she grows up. She's got a few years on me, but I have often said the same thing. I like to keep thinking my options are all open. It's liberating to me. I like to know that I have choices.

Another comment Maria made was to do with 'losing herself' when she became 'Arnold's wife' or the 'First Lady' instead of the accomplished journalist that she was before her husband became governor. Now I've never been any of the above, but I certainly relate to 'losing myself'.

I have found myself again this past year ... this morning, there was a small little replay of a moment that caused me a lot of pain about 6 months ago. And I sat there and thought to myself "I don't care anymore." I don't wish any harm on a person, but there was a time that that person had the power to hurt me. He lost that. I have found myself.

I am a whole person again. I still may not know what I want to be when I grow up, but I am complete. On my own. With myself. With my life.

It's nice to have a quiet Sunday to reflect on all that I have. I have so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment