Thursday, March 13, 2008

Warm and Fuzzy Thoughts

Oh, how I love morning! The thoughts wafting through my head this morning are all 'warm and fuzzy' and make me feel good all over.

Of course, The Book is on my mind ... the next 'chapter' is being written in my head ... and dedications ... how can I word all that I want to say, when this really isn't my story?

I have one aunt in particular that has had so much heartache in her lifetime. And she has written such positive words and has a genuine 'tell-it-like-it-is' attitude. I can't even 'touch' those words that she has written herself and so I won't. They will be in The Book, word for word (I just have to shuffle the order a little bit, to fit it into the context of the chapter). The more I think about this book, the more I realize that I am not the author. I am just putting the stories in an orderly fashion and the family is telling the story.

My heart is so completely 'full', as I think of the honor it is to hear these stories first hand. This family amazes me. And despite what life has given them, they have risen above and cherished whatever they had, for as long as they had it.

In the way they all speak so lovingly and truly admire and appreciate their parents for who they were, it really makes me stop and think about what my children would write about me ... Faultless, I am not. But in the end, I hope that they feel valued, loved and that I simply did my best. Hopefully 'my best' keeps getting better as time goes on.

Isn't that really all anyone can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment