Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Power of a Rested Mind!

I did it! I finally did it!!

I had temporarily given up on adding the 'headers/page numbers' on The Book. I had been frustrated beyond belief in my attempts to simply add page numbers; the title of the book on even pages and the chapter of the book on odd pages ... without numbering the title page/preface/etc or having 'headers' on any of the pages that preceded the actual 'story' part of my book.

I discovered the ability to 'save' my work so that I could experiment with what I thought would work to get these pages numbered and labeled. And that was a great discovery. I could rest assured that no matter what I did wrong, I could go back to square one by simply 'not saving' my mistakes.

So last night I was brave enough to attempt the 'header/page number' dilemma once again. I tried and tried again. Getting warmer but still no success. All of my wrong attempts were not saved so I was free to go back to it with a rested brain this morning.

I love mornings!! A new day. A fresh perspective. And all it took was a little further research into the notes I'd taken in my online 'Word' tutorials. And I finally, finally, finally figured it out!

Eureka!! I feel as though I just discovered electricity (via turning on a light switch, perhaps), but at last I unveiled what was in front of me all along.

In this complicated world of ours it seems in the name of simplicity, 'easy' answers sometimes take time to unearth. Or is it that we are looking for the complicated answer which only makes it more difficult for ourselves??

It seems that 'the answer' often lies in discovering the language of whatever or whoever is speaking to you. Once I got my brain into 'Word' language, it was easier to understand where I needed to go to unveil the process.

The same process goes, when we are speaking to each other. How often does one realize to truly 'hear' what someone is telling you, you must really stop and listen. Their method of communicating may be a little different and it may take time to catch onto their language or lingo. But once we all get speaking and understanding each other, the lines of communication open up and the possibilites are endless.

'Microsoft Word' and I are almost on a first name basis right now. That is ... until I try something new. Which undoubtedly, I will. The more I learn about this program, the more excited I am about the endless possibilities 'Word' and I have together. I do believe I've stumbled onto the next long term relationship in my life.

And all because I looked at it with a rested brain and a fresh new day. What a difference a day makes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment