Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pausing

I have developed the habit of being still for a while in the morning and 'pausing'. I usually sit here and add some words to my blog and putter around on the computer for a while. But basically, my mind is freeflowing with the mornings thoughts and mapping out the day. It is a most enjoyable way to begin the day.

I had a very quiet babysitting day yesterday, so I puttered with The Book a lot. By last night, I knew there was nothing more I could add to The Book for the day. So I gladly put it all aside for the evening.

Time. I had so much of it, I was momentarily at a loss. Then I turned on a movie I had bought a few weeks ago and just sat back and enjoyed it. I can't begin to count the amount of interuptions I had, but for the most part I was able to keep my mind focused on the story and take it all in.

My Second Son worked on the bedroom we are redoing for a while and then we sat down and had a nice visit when he was done. It looked like he was going to run off, but I think it was good for both of us to take that moment to 'pause'.

Three entire days off. Wow! I've got tonight and tomorrow accounted for, but what I am truly hoping for is those moments to 'pause'. To sit and watch a movie (uninterupted) would be novel (but that is when I tend to fall asleep). I want to look at each chapter in The Book with a fresh eye and reword and rewrite a lot of them. That would be a good morning-job. My mind is fresher and the words come more easily in the morning. By late afternoon and evening, it is a strain. And you can tell, when you read it. Time to read a book. Time to do something with My Youngest. Time to just be still with life and reflect ... project ... and breathe. Time.

It has almost been a year since I propelled myself into a perpetual motion. I have gone from one project to the next to the next to the next. Some of those 'projects' were getting away from the city and spacing myself from my 'life'. Other 'projects' were inviting people back into my life, my home and arranging gatherings. It seems no matter what the project was, I reaped benefits that far exceeded what I could have ever expected. My life is back in balance. I have people back in my life - family and friends .... I have passion back in my life - writing and dancing ... I have a sense of giving and work back in balance. My family feels content. My heart is full. I am excited about waking up and facing the day ahead of me. I feel whole again.

It is the first day of spring today. And after this year of regrowth within, I feel ready to burst open in full bloom and savor the seasons ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment