Saturday, March 8, 2008

One Productive Day

I was sitting down, with The Book project by 8:30 this morning. It's now 6:30 and I'm ready to call it a day.

I took several breaks -refilling my coffee cup, tending to my family with the stomach flu (Kurt woke up with some stomach ailment this morning and even Mike (the dog) had a little stomach trouble that didn't make it outside), a lunch and a snack break. But I think The Book and I need a bit of a breather.

I'm accomplishing a lot in one way (getting the words to the page), but I'm not loving how I'm doing it. At this point, I seem to be copying word for word, from my original draft (just in a more orderly fashion). There is a bit of my 'voice' in there and I don't even really want my voice to prevail. This is not my story. But I want to find an effective way of putting it all together...

As I said, I need to take a step away from it.

Kurt and I are going to watch a movie together this evening. I think I need to completely divert myself from even thinking about 'The Book' until tomorrow. And I plan on waking up with a fresh outlook and perspective on things.

I am feeling good about where things are at in my 'world'. In every regard ... I'm content and satisfied. I feel loved and valued. I feel like I'm giving as much as I'm receiving. I feel like I am being an effective parent in some ways. Kurt has asked me if I am trying to be a fun parent (after I say something that he considers amusing); I think Dale feels easy with coming to me with what he is dealing with; and I even feel like Wes has me on a bit of the inside loop with a few things in his life. I feel connected. I feel complete. I feel serene.

It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment