Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Positive Thoughts

My Youngest and I went out to see a movie today and when we left the house I just had this strong feeling that I was going to find some money. As per "The Secret", I visualized it. I pictured a $20.00 bill. I saw it, I could feel it. I was thinking positive.

Well, sure enough, when we were standing in line at the show, I looked down and spotted what I thought was a quarter. Pleased with that, I thought my positive thinking was paying off. As it turns out, it was only a nickel but I still thought, "Hey, that beats a penny" (I found 2 of those yesterday).

Still feeling like I could find more, I kept my eyes pealed and sure enough, as we were walking into the theatre, I found a nice, shiny tooney (yes, it was really a tooney - not a quarter or a looney). So I thought, "There! That just paid for my parking." And I was pleased.

In the theatre, I did hear the guy behind us drop a coin and I tried to convince My Youngest to wait until they turned on the lights at the end of the movie to look for it (I told him that it definitely sounded like a loonie or a toonie - not a dime or a penny!). But unfortunately the ending credits were about as long as the movie (20 minutes of advertisements and previews before the show; 1 hour and 10 minutes of actual movie footage; and the credits/bloopers/outtakes were still rolling in a dark theatre about 10 minutes after the movie ended) and My Son was too embarrassed to stick around with me.

The good part, is that the movie didn't cost a cent. I used my last movie admission/concession gift certificate for our afternoons entertainment. The bad part, is that it is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life (I am not exaggerating). Do not run to see 'The Superhero Movie' ... and for heavens sake, don't take your 9 year old child!!! I was embarrassed to be a parent with a child in the theatre, but there were other younger viewers there as well. I assume the parents were like me (the previews didn't look promising, but I thought it would be suitable for a young audience ... I was sooooo wrong).

I was still feeling that my unfulfilled vision of finding that folding money was to come true, so I kept my eyes downward for the remainder of our outing. Unfortunately, that is where my story ends.

Oh well. At least we found $2.05. Subtract parking and we came out a nickel ahead of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment