Monday, February 25, 2008

Wish Granted

I didn't quite get 'a second Sunday' as I wrote about yesterday ... but I sat down this morning and thought I have to do something about this overload situation I'm in. So I emailed my supervisor at work before I did anything else and asked for the first available Saturday off. And I got it! A perfect Saturday because I can't foresee using it for some of the upcoming things I know about. Two days off in a row. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

I've downloaded my 'Vintage Family Album' as a slideshow for the blog this morning. I had to demonstrate just what has been overloading my days ... as I downloaded and organized the 213 photos that I have amassed. I have scanned and labeled all of them with the correct 'dpi's for 'The Book'; have printed, labelled and organized the 'hard' copies of almost all of them. I think I am ready to return the last photo albums to their rightful owners. And then .... I can get on with the business of actually writing something!! The photos I accumulated took on a life of their own. And now I think it is time to put them to rest.

My next project is to send off some letters to my aunts, requesting information for 'their chapter' in the book. While I'm waiting for the responses to that, I hope to start putting the rest of the 'story' together in a conversational tone. I glanced at the 25+ pages of information I have typed up so far and my knees went week. I am wondering how in the world I can tackle all of this. One chapter at a time. I'll start at the beginning ...

My 'sick' computer remains intermittently ill. I called my 'Computer Doctor' this morning and he said it sounds like it has got a bug and he is coming by Wednesday morning to make his house call. It will be so good to get this problem looked at by a professional. I called all the technical help people I could find, and tried everything they suggested. But it only cleans it up for a short period and then I'm back to receiving the odd messages again.

My Ebay transaction that went awry is just about fixed up. When I finally got ahold of the seller, he was more than willing to refund my money as soon as I mailed it (the Microsoft Works program that was not only not what I had ordered, but it didn't even work) back to him. I believe that is days away from 'money in the bank'. Then I can go shopping in a real store to buy the Microsoft Word program I need. And I'll be up and running ... and ready to write!!!

A fresh new week ... already the week has started off 100% better than last week. My babysitting families are not throwing me any curve balls. In fact one family called me and we have figured out a way to keep me 'in the know' for the next time their schedule goes crazy. I think the week was pretty topsy turvy for a lot of people in 'my world' last week. We've addressed the problem and we all know where we stand again.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment