Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stuck in the Past

I don't seem to have a lot of words to write at the end of the day lately. I've immersed myself in family history, stories, photos and visiting. It's fun. But I'm tuckering out.

I'm gaining ground on this book project. But I do have the feeling that once I sit down and start writing my own words, I'll have a lot more questions. One step at a time ...

The kids have been out of school this week and it was scheduled to be a very busy, noisy and hectic week. But ... I've had a lot of no-shows and cancellations, so the days have been a little quieter than I expected.

I haven't been much of a mom these past few weeks. Kurt doesn't demand a lot from me, but last night he begged for me to read him a book. I think it is more that he needs me to sit down with him for a few minutes at the end of the day, than the actual reading of the story.

That said, I think I'm going to shelve the ''book work'' for the evening and head off to spend a little time with him tonight. It's been far too long since we had a lazy evening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment