Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Living My Life

I have often commented to the people in my life that don't have the time or inclination to sit and respond to an email or send off letters or whatever ... that I actually rather envy them. They are living their lives instead of sitting down and writing about it.

And so it is for me lately. My mind and body and agenda in my days has filled me up. There are often few words left in me at the end of the day.

I started this blog when I had time on my hands. I had ideas in my head but I hadn't started acting on them. It is amazing though, how writing ideas down made it a reality that I knew that I had to act on.

Now that I'm acting on a lot of these ideas, I feel so full. I've taken some risks ... I've called and emailed people as soon as I have the idea to do so. It may be a better idea to let some things breathe for a moment before you hit ''send'' with an email!! There have been a handful of times, that I have emailed someone asking them something. Then within the half hour I have to email them back to tell them 'ignore the previous email ... I just remembered ...'.

I am not regretting the ways that I am putting myself back out there. I have to hone the impulsiveness a little, but there are times that if you don't act on something right away, you can find a million reasons to put it off. So I've been leaning towards acting first and thinking later.

I am actually living my life these days. And it feels very, very good to be 'back in the land of the living'.

No comments:

Post a Comment