Thursday, February 28, 2008

Down to One Pile

I have quite literally had things 'piling' up on me.

I have been putting my outstanding projects in piles, so that I know where I stand with each little thing I have on the go. Notes to myself. My little piles of paper and paper work, pictures and albums. It seems that I've had about 3 piles on the go at all times for the past week. And I'm down to one.

Phone calls have been made; emails are caught up; letters have been written and sent; outstanding 'problems' have been solved; and even my income tax is done and ready to mail.

The real boon is that I exercised for over an hour last night and kind of caught myself up from the mornings I had missed. I think I'll do the same tonight - it felt good to get physical last night after my brain work-outs of late.

I may have figured out the insatiable appetite lately as well. I have been cramming lunch and supper into my day like they are just another chore on the endless to-do-list-in-my-mind. I'll eat on the run, squeeze it in while the kids are here, so that the minute the kids are gone for the day 'the evening is mine'. Last night I waited for the last person to leave. I took my supper and sat down with it. I savored every morsel and revelled in the peace and quiet in the house ... and I was satisfied. Completely. I knew that the void I was filling had nothing to do with hunger. I also knew that I wasn't depressed or lonely or 'empty' in any capacity. None of the normal triggers to my binge eating were happening. But I think I found the 'void' that needs to be filled ... quiet time for myself.

It feels great to have just one small pile looking at me. It is the same small pile of ideas and a notepad that I've had around since I started compiling ideas and information for 'The Book'.

One small little pile. Exercise in the evening. Sitting down to eat supper. This equals contentment and 'fills me up'.

No comments:

Post a Comment