Monday, February 18, 2008

A Full Agenda

This weekend has gone by in a blur ... from dancing, to errands, to Mom's arrival, our 'road trips' to 2 of her sisters, and gathering up stories and history for 'The Book' anywhere I could find it ...

Mom left around 11:30 this morning and I have been trying to compile my stories from my taped conversations for most of the hours since then. It's been a very full weekend.

I have gone from excited ... to overwhelmed ... to revived ...to exhausted ... to rejuvinated ... to just trying to catch up to the moment. I am getting encouragement at every turn, so just when I start to question what I've gotten myself into, I get pumped up again. I am looking forward to starting to sort through the facts and stories that I have, to see exactly what I've got. And find the direction I am going ...

I was so exhausted last night, I was nodding off during my conversation with Mom. Finally I just had to tell her that I just had to go to bed. I slept like a rock (I have no memory of waking up, even to roll over) and was raring to go at 6:30 this morning. A fresh day, new questions, another look at where this 'book' is going.

I even managed to exercise each morning all weekend. I was going to allow myself this morning off, but I was so revved up and energized that I actually wanted to move! Imagine that! Physical activity is somewhat addictive. There are some good endorphins or something that are released when you are moving. I knew this ... but I had conveniently 'forgotten'.

A new week is dawning. I wish I could literally 'close the chapter' on this weekend. But I have at least 3 more hours of conversations to syphon through. I should have been more selective and turned the recorder off and on, but I didn't want to draw attention to the recorder so the conversation would flow more naturally. So I have quite literally had a play-by-play repeat of about 9 hours and 45 minutes of the past 3 days ...

I have a fairly full agenda this week, as well. With no school, I have a different kind of schedule with the kids. I am very fortunate that Kurt has started helping out and playing with the younger kids a lot. They absolutely love it and it really breaks up the day for all of us.

I have completely enjoyed the weekend ... but ... I am grateful that isn't my normal pace of life. I do enjoy my regularly scheduled life and I am looking forward to its speedy return.

No comments:

Post a Comment