Monday, January 21, 2008

Reinspired and Raring to Go Again

It seems every time that I start to feel a tad overwhelmed or scared in this new 'life' I am living (the life where I put myself out on a limb a bit) ... something happens to reinspire me.

Last night after I transcribed the conversation I had with my aunt, into notes for ''The Book", I was so overwhelmed. I was so grateful that our hour had a few lulls in the conversation and a got off topic a bit every now and again ...

But after I retyped her words today, and fit everything into my outline of my 'story' ... I was wishing I had 2 or 3 times as much material as I had. That was a good feeling.

Then tonight I knew I should start making my next round of phone calls to line up my next interviews ... and I was stuck.

Wouldn't you know it? Mom called me and our conversation got me excited again ...

I had printed off a few of my blog entries and she had gotten them in the mail today. And her words felt so good to hear. Praise coming from your mother is simply the best approval in the world. She didn't say all that much ... but she said just enough to make me feel worthy. And capable of taking on this book endeavor.

Todays quote in "The Secret" calendar is by Martin Luther King Jr: "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step".

What perfect words for me to read and concentrate on today. Just when the staircase looked too steep ... I just need to focus on the first step. And now ... I'm onto the second one ....

No comments:

Post a Comment