Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Post Christmas Musings

29 Dec 2007

It has been a 'Christmas of all Christmases' this year. It seems that the spirit of the season enveloped me and touched everything in my life. The entire month seems like it has been one blessing after another. Gatherings with friends and family ... the shared history that makes the simple act of getting together a gift unto itself.

I thoroughly enjoy the Christmas card exchange part of this season. Keeping in touch with friends and family near and far ... finding a unique way to 'tell my story' ... writing to each individual and feeling as though I had just sat down and shared a coffee (though the conversation is a little one sided) ... it inspires me, it envelops me with such a feeling of 'oneness' with this big place called earth. To feel connected to so many, from so many places, and our shared pasts. Hmmm...

I received yet another gift today ... the 'Flip Video' that I ordered before Christmas. As I was awaiting its arrival, I was pondering the ways I could use this to keep a little of that 'spirit of Christmas' and reaching out and 'touching someone' feeling alive all year long. As I stumbled upon 'MySpace' as a method to share my video I found this blog section and the seed of the idea that was planted, is now taking root.

Hopefully this is the beginning of something good ... my 'first video' is just a glimpse as to what this video and video sharing can do ... where can it go from here? .... we'll find out ...

2 comments:

  1. Colleen: I have told you before but you are my role model in courage and creating the best life for yourself. You told us once - dancing made you feel like a princess and wow can you ever see that in those videos. But a modern day princess not waiting for her prince charming but having the courage and charm to create wonderful adventures and an amazing life for herself, family and friends. Boy, am I glad to be on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as am I grateful to be on your list!! I love your comment about the 'modern day princess'...

    ReplyDelete