Saturday, January 12, 2008

Life Under the Lights

I have been busy all night editing and reediting this footage of my dancing bloopers and spins ... I've scrutinized that 1/2 hour dance lesson last night, at least 7 hours tonight and probably 3 hours last night (I do think that I'm getting a little of the fine tuning honed on this video editing in the process).

What I have noticed is the expression on my instructors face ... the entire time!! He is smiling, laughing, upbeat ... and even when he is teaching me something, the expression in his voice is encouraging and uplifting.

Man!! If someone followed me around with a camera for even a half hour during my entire day, you wouldn't see even a portion of what I saw, saw and saw again (the bazillions of times I rewound, rewatched, reedited, revised...) in Greg's face. Pure enjoyment.

I have been very conscious of the video cameras presence in my house since I got it and I resolved to live my days with the kids, as though I was being taped. I've had some success, but after watching my dance videos the past few nights ... I know what I want to strive for!!

Yes, we all have our moments. And a half hour is easier to attain than 10 1/2 hours ... but one can still strive for ''one half hour at a time". Hey! Even one minute at a time, some days!

One of "The Secret's" suggestions was when you go to bed, rewind your day in your mind. And the things you could have handled better, rewind the 'tape' in your mind and recreate the event exactly as you would have wanted it to go. "Intentionally create new pictures for your future". That is something that I have to continue to work harder at.

I had a wonderful, wonderful day at work today. Jubliant, confident, enthusiastic and just plain happy. And it seemed that everyone around me was exactly the same ... If that camera had been on me today, it would captured the best in me. Now ... to attain that success on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment