Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Infections

I found out yesterday, that emails that I had been sending to friends had been ending up in their "infected" box. I do regular scans on my computer but with all that I had been fiddling around with, between this blog and downloading programs to create a slideshow on my blog; edit my videos and other kinds of stuff, I wondered if I was somehow unknowingly infected. I checked and rechecked into it last night and went to bed with a heavy heart.

I woke up this morning with the 'infection' theme still resonating in my mind. It was then, that I found a truer meaning to this heaviness in my heart.

Infections ... whether they are computer related, airborn germs or attitudes.

Attitudes. Hmmm. Words. I have been putting myself and my thoughts out for 'the world' to read lately. And whether it is 'the world' or simply one or two people that may read this ... my words have the ability to 'infect'. And as with my computer infection scare, there is a possibility that I may unknowingly spreading an 'infection'. I read, reread, edit and reedit these words that I post ... but there is always the possibility that they could be misinterpreted.

I am so grateful for all of the friends that called to let me know about this computer infection message ... and I would also ask that if anyone reads something here that feels ''infected'', please let me know as well. I will do my best not to offend and if I do, I will do my best to resolve it.

Infections happen ... but they can be treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment