Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm Drinking From My Saucer

I read this verse years ago and it is resonating in my mind tonight. Thank goodness for Google and the ability to key in a few remembered words, so that I could copy and paste this on my blog tonight ... because I truly feel that I'm 'drinking from my saucer' a lot these days. I wish these words were mine, but they are good words to share no matter whose words they are .....

I'm Drinking From My SaucerAuthor Unknown
I've never made a fortune,
And it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much,
I'm happy anyhow.
As I go along life's journey,
Reaping better than I have sowed,
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.
Ain't got a lot of riches,
And sometime the going's rough.
But I've got a family that loves me.
That makes me rich enough.
I just thank God for His blessings,
And the mercy He's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.
I remember times when things went wrong,
And my faith got a little thin.
Then all at once the dark clouds broke,
And the old sun broke through again.
So, Lord, help me not to gripe
About the tough rows I have hoed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.
And if God gives me strength and courage
When the way gets steep and rough,
I won't ask for other blessings--
I'm already blessed enough.
Lord, may I never be too busy
To help others bear their loads.
Help me show them how to drink from their saucers
'Cause You make their cup overflow.
So I’ll just keep on drinking from my saucer,
‘Cause now I’ve come to know
God fills me with every blessing...
And now my saucer overflows!

No comments:

Post a Comment