Friday, January 18, 2008

I Think I Can....

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right"
-Henry Ford (1863-1947)

The thoughts we think, the internal voice inside of our heads is so very powerful.

Being around kids all day, I have become conscious of the words I speak and try to watch the direction I steer these young minds around me.

"He can't do that, he's too little" is a common refrain. My response to that is, "He can try. If he's too small or not strong enough he might not be able to right now ... but he can still try".

The power of that inner voice is so strong. How often do we talk ourselves out of trying something new because we think we can't?

I have taken a step far, far out of my comfort zone this past week. I am going to gather the information I need to start writing about our family's history. This encompasses getting together with aunts that I don't know really well; travelling a little; sacrificing some that that precious time I have left over at the end of the week; and then offering to put my words out there for others to read.

Scary stuff. But I have been told by people in so many different areas of my life that I should write a book. This 'book' will be other peoples stories. The risk is my interpretation of it and how I present it.

I feel like the little engine that could ... and I am envisioning the point where I am at the top of that hill and going down saying ... "I knew I could ... I knew I could!".

No comments:

Post a Comment