Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back on the Ground Again

I have been wafting on air since I started this blog last week. Taking on new challenges, confronting obstacles ... basically, just putting myself 'out there' in so many ways that are somewhat foreign to me.

Last night was the first night in many, that I wasn't glued to the computer. And it actually felt rather good.

I enjoy quiet moments and I haven't given myself the opportunity to indulge in that a lot lately.

I love a challenge and I think I need goals and new interests to keep me motivated. But time to just sit back and breathe is wonderful. Especially when so many positive thoughts are circulating through my mind.

My babysitting days this week have been crazy-busy and loud, loud, loud. And it's been okay. I've had more patience and just a healthier mind-set to be dealing with a house full of 5 year olds and under. I still don't have that aura about me that I'm aiming for. But I'm better. I'll settle for better ...

I have created a busyness in my life - commitments to other people - that I tend to shy away from . There has been a time when my free hours were so scarce that I became very greedy with my free moments. So to be offering to 'share' this precious time .... it's kind of scary. But overall, I think it is a sign that I am regaining some equilibrium in my life again. I'm ready to share my time and myself again. I have a little left over at the end of the day, and it feels good.

Yes, my feet are back on solid ground again.

No comments:

Post a Comment